Halloween Decorating Ideas – Enjoy Decorating for Halloween
*Some of the links herein may be affiliate links. Please read full disclosure for complete details*
Getting your home ready for Halloween? Every space deserves a magical touch here and a ghoulish accent there. So, look below for some effortless Halloween decorating ideas that will give your guests goosebumps in more ways than one. Muahahaha!
HALLOWEEN DECORATING IDEAS FOR A FESTIVE FRONT PORCH:
First impressions are everything. Set the Halloween scene even before visitors step through your door with a few well-placed accents. A charming doormat.. Spooky sign.. Whimsical wreath.. These initial pieces create the atmosphere for your décor, influencing whether it feels enchanting or creepy-cool.
The items below are some of my personal favorites. I love bringing these out year after year.
Halloween Spider Web Doormat:
Weather-resistant, durable 100% polypropylene.
Easy-care, shake out, vacuum or hose down and air dry
- Oval shape with orange and black design
- Premium materials and construction
- Hand-hooked design for extra style and texture
- Seasonal doormat; use indoors or outdoors
- Dimensions: 42″ x 24″
Goulish Halloween Wreath:
Hang this ghoulish wreath on doors, walls, and in windows.
Features coils of black and orange lace ribbon flowing from a foam ring backing.
Additional trimmings include a scary skull and bone hands, black rose blooms and leaves, with tied bows in polka-dot and striped patterns.
- Makes a great backdrop for your Halloween decorating and festivities, indoors or out
- Large 90″ x 90″ size stands out and makes a statement
- Giant spider web has lots of texture and great style
- A fun and easy Halloween accent
- Perfect for the porch, patio, deck, lawn, garden and home
- Comes with 2 large decorative spiders to place as you choose
- Crafted from weather safe materials to use indoors or outside
Need more Halloween decorating ideas? Group together a trio of your favorite things from real pumpkins to black metal lanterns.. remembering that odd numbers are more visually engaging.
Better yet, mix and match your Halloween décor. That will give you even more creative freedom to express your personality.
As for your back patio, glow for it! Orange and purple outdoor string lights brighten up your space just enough while keeping a spine-tingling vibe. Think about the hanging spider web decorations as well. The lights will make them cast frighteningly fun shadows. Brilliant!
Spice up your Halloween decorating with these hanging foam spiders.
- Perfect to hang on your front door or on your walls
- Recommended for indoor use or outdoor covered areas
- Dimensions: 15.75″H x 12.2.5″W x 1″D
- Material(s): foam
- High Quality Orange LED, G12 Light String.
- 24 Feet, 70 Lights, 4 Inch spacing, Green wire.
- Bulbs are 1/2″ in diameter
- Orange for your Halloween party or for the fall months to enhance the color changes of autumn
- Pair with Purple or Green sets for the ultimate Halloween display.
- UL listed for Indoor or Outdoor Lighting.
- LED Light set uses 4.8 Watts and is Moisture Resistant. Connect up to 43 sets end to end. Energy Star Rated and ROHS Compliant.
HALLOWEEN DECORATING IDEAS – INTERIOR:
Cast a spell on guests as soon as they step inside your home. Have an entryway table? A cute witch figurine or cauldron full of candy adds immediate hocus pocus to the ambiance. Bonus: You have another excuse to set out and enjoy your favorite treats.
For a scary-good display, create a spooktacular terrarium. Simply add a few fake bugs or frogs to the inside of a glass cloche. Add faux moss and a couple rocks to complete the look. When the Halloween season is over, remove the critters for a cute green flourish.
Happy Halloween Metal Wall Hanging:
This festive wall art from the Vintage Collection will be the perfect Halloween accent to complement all of your other seasonal decor.
- All Metal – Hand Painted
- Made of 100% Iron
- Dimensions: 23.9″ W x 11.2″ H
100% high-quality handblown glass.
Glass pumpkins are handmade, so color tones may vary slightly.
Comes as a set of 2.
Tall: 6.30″W x 9.06″H
Short: 8.7″W x 6.7″H
Clear GlassPumpkins – 2 Sizes:
Perfect for indoor display on mantel, buffet, dining room table, etc. Made from clear glass.
Choose from 2 sizes.
Small: 5″ Round x 5″ H
Large: 10.4″Round x 8.9″ H
HALLOWEEN DECORATING IDEAS – MAKE HALLOWEEN DINING FUN:
Dine in seasonal style by mixing accent pieces on your dining room table. Glass pumpkins, faux leaves, and natural pine cones.. these autumnal details will bring the outside in. Plus, they make everyone feel cozy and welcome. You know, that classic fall feeling.
Designing a budget-friendly centerpiece? Curate your favorite fall-toned florals in a vase you already own. Voila! Just what your next get-together needs. Place a Halloween or harvest-inspired table runner down the center for extra eye-catching style.
HALLOWEEN DECORATING IDEAS – WAYS TO CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN:
Hosting a Halloween party? You can’t go wrong with classic activities like pumpkin carving, bobbing for apples, and a costume contest with prizes for the best dressed. If you’re making this an annual tradition among your friends, think about purchasing a unique Halloween trophy you’ll pass from winner to winner each year.
For more grown-up fun, play mixologist and have a cocktail party. Create on-theme drinks with names that play off of ghosts, vampires, and skeletons. Witch’s Potion, Frankenpunch, and Poison Apple Cocktail sound delish, don’t they? Oh, and don’t forget party favors—even adults can’t say no to Halloween candy!
If the weather is nice, consider entertaining al fresco. Melamine Halloween dishes are dishwasher-safe and shatter-resistant, so you don’t have to stress about cleanup or drops.
Hang paper lanterns and set LED candles on your patio table to provide laid-back lighting that won’t cost an arm and a leg. Spirited setting? Check.